Inside Feelings

|

Sometimes you just have these feelings inside and you try your best to describe them but you can't. Then out of the blue you hear a song that describes them for you. I was listening to this cd someone left behind and there was this song that describes the feelings inside. Now I don't know what to do with them.

Eighty dollars round trip, anywhere you fly
Well, that sounds like a winner, but before I book the flight
Hey, talk me out of Tampa
Well, tell me 'bout New Orleans, just when is that Mardi Gras?
Well, then how about Chicago?
Is it cold there now or not?
Talk me out of Tampa

I mean surely there's a hurricane due to hit there any day
Won't that close the beaches and the airport?
Or maybe it's still way too hot or did I hear
Somewhere you stopped flyin' into that part of the country?
You can think of somethin' can't ya?
Just talk me out of Tampa

Between that first ride at Busch Gardens
And room eight, Bayside Motel
There's no way around the memories
Don't let me do this to myself
Talk me out of Tampa
I'd just wind up at his front door
He's still living there, I bet
Oh, but what if he's not there alone
There goes what pride that I've got left
Talk me out of Tampa, please

I mean surely there's a hurricane due to hit there any day
Won't that close the beaches and the airport?
Or maybe it's still way too hot or did I hear
Somewhere you stopped flyin' into that part of the country?
You can think of somethin' can't ya?
Just talk me out of Tampa

Put me somewhere, nowhere even close
To where I feel when my heart broke
Exactly six months ago this weekend
I just need to get away
Without your help, ma'am, I'm afraid
It wouldn't be a getaway at all
You can make up somethin' can't ya?
Just talk me out of Tampa
Eight dollars round trip, anywhere you fly

By Joe Nichols

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh Sweetie :( don't make me cry.

I don't know how you feel but, if
you'd just talk to me I'll try
and do my best to help you get
through what you're feeling.


Please Mikey, don't go this alone.
Let me help.

HUGS!!!!!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!

Anonymous said...

You can't go to Tampa there are scorpions and spiders and cockroaches as big as a cat.
There is nothing there that will ease your pain and there is nothing in a bottle to help you either. Only time will heal your heart. The hardest part about being alone is the alone part. Tampa is just a phone call away. Talking on the phone might comfort you and help that empty place inside not to fill so huge.

I think Tampa is going through the same thing you are but he hides it better. Call him, Mikey, then sing him that song. Hugs and smooches, ed

Uncle Gerry said...

Amen to both laurie and ed, love you mike call him.

Anonymous said...

Mikey, sing him this Hank Williams song:
Today I passed you on the street, my heart fell at your feet, I can't help it if I'm still in Love with you. Someody else was by your side and he looked so satisfied, I can't help it if I'm still in love with you.
It's hard to know anothers lips will kiss you, and He'll hold you the way I used to do, Oh Heaven only knows how much I miss you, I can't help it if I'm still...In. Love. with...You!!!

Good Luck, ed

Anonymous said...

There's no quick on-off switch for love, is there?
I don't know if calling him will hurt or help. Wish I had a crystal ball...

Whether or not the 2 of you talk, you still need someone to talk to and lean on. Laurie is so right--please don't go this alone!

Adding my hugs to the others...

Anonymous said...

Wow, was anyone else crying while reading that shit? Damn, I feel so unmanly. What *is* it with these two boys? When are they gonna realize that they're meant to be together and JUST DO IT?

This little saga is almost too painful for words.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mikey? R U there? Did you meet an angel too? hugs and Boig sloppy Gay kisses, old man ed