My Towns Gay Pride Parade

|

So Ive been reading and seeing all over the internet guys talking about their towns gay pride parades and posting pics and stuff. So I thought I would take my camera and hop in my truck this past Saturday and go looking for my towns gay pride parade. I looked down main street which you can cover in about 2 minutes going the speed limit of 25 mph and didn't see any signs of a parade. Turned down some side streets and still no parade. I asked a couple old timers had they seen it and they said nope they ain't seen hide nor hair of any parade today. Ok that part about the old timers I made up cause if I asked if anybody seen a gay pride parade I'd be missing ever window in my truck right now. So I reckon I missed the parade by a hair but oh well maybe I'll catch it next year. Anyway while all y'all was out celebrating gay pride this is how my little town celebrated it.




6 comments:

jimm said...

a parade of one, huh?

ya know, everytime i visit one of those gay social websites, i do a member search using my hometowns zipcode. wouldnt ya know, nothing ever comes up.

ask about pride and you'll get a shotgun up yer butt, sure enough. course, i don't live there ne more.

enjoy the 4th!

red one said...

Heh. That made me laugh, Mike.

I reckon you are your town's gay pride. Anyway, I still like seeing the pics you post sometimes of your town and all the mountains and amazing trees where you live.

Like the post a little while ago with the old wagon thing and the blue flowers. The flowers made me think of my grandad, who died when I was a really little kid - he had grown some of those and I still think of him when I see them.

Anyway, stay proud!

Anonymous said...

My town has the biggest parade in the state but it is on the fourth of July and they don't let queers in it (that they know of) I don't go but used to when I was a kid.
My town used to have a sign that said, "All Coloreds must leave by Sunset" so you can imagine what they think of man to man love. Ed

Martin O. said...

When I'm bored or just need some exercise, I go out walking around my city, but get a little bored of seeing the same sights over & over.
I think I could cover your entire town in about a half hour. :)
(I'm a fast walker)

Polt said...

You shoulda had a rainbow flag on the seat beside you, then YOU would have been the towns first official gay pride parade!!! :)

(No, not flying it out the window or anything...don't want your truck to get pummeled with stones!)

You shoulda came along with us to DC Pride, sweetie! You woulda had a blast!

Maybe next year. :)

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

Good post.