Suck It Up!!!

|

Well my weekend pretty much sucked big time. It consisted of me looking after a sick boyfriend and being pissed at some of his teammates. Not that I minded at all taking care of "Josh" but it was some of the guys on his team who pissed me off to no end. So "Josh" has being getting a lot more playing time because one of the starting wide receivers got hurt. If you follow football you know how hard it is for freshman to get any playing time. So hes been really excited the last 2 weeks to be playing a lot more. Hes been catching a lot of passes and even scored a touchdown which was his first for the team. So he's got something the flu or whatever but hes throwing up since Friday evening. He had called his coach and told him how bad he felt and didn't know if he'd be able to play Saturday. The coach seemed ok with it but like 2 hours later here comes 3 of his teammates over to the apartment. Their trying to lay a big guilt trip on him about sucking it up for the team and all that shit. I think they almost had him talked into playing but I cut them off and told them it was getting late they was keeping him from getting his rest if he was going to play. It was all I could do to keep from calling them selfish bastards and some other choice words. But I didn't want to sound to against him playing all one would had to say was who are you his boyfriend or something and I'd said fuck yeah and whats it to you. It was handled ok I reckon and they left without saying anything. He called his coach again and was talking to him about playing and the coach said he didn't want him playing if he was that sick so in the end it was the coach saying he wasn't going to play not "Josh". So that kept the players happy and Josh is feeling much better today he even went to class this morning so hes over it I reckon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Josh may have a case of nerves. I used to get sick and vomit before I had to make a speech at school. As soon as mom said I didn't have to go I felt better. I was very sick, I was not pretending. Josh, just needs to be reassured that you love him no matter how he plays on the field.
I wonder who his team mates thought you were? If you could only get him to take pictures with his phone/camera while in the locker room. No, I guess not. My bad.

Laurie said...

Hey Guys,
I think they may have a clue about 'Josh' and it may be their way of saying that they're alright with it. I wish I could be there to make sure all was alright. I don't want anything bad to happen.
HUGS to you both.

Monogram Queen said...

I would have shown them I was "sucking it up" by puking on their shoes LOL I'm mean like that!

That is so sweet how protective you are of your sweetie. Having a football player BF can be so... I don't know how to describe it but mine was the Captain/QB in highschool :) Sweet. Happy for you Mike.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey glad to hear you stuck up for your man. I played football and the teammates should understand there is nothing more dangerous on the football field than someone that can not go 100%.

Anonymous said...

http://JonCox.Multiply.com

Hey Buddy!!!! :o)
Sorry, I've been meaning to comment on here for the past 80 million years. Ohh buddy, I'm so glad "Josh" is now doing better. That pisses me off soooo friggin much when someone's either injured or sick as hell, or both and they still make them play and/or the friggin retarded teammates make it even worse by talkin sh*t! This happened to Johnathon this past summer and it pissed me off so much! He blew out his knee really badly and the retarded coaches STILL made him friggin practice, play & weight-lift, doing all the stuff he REALLY shouldn't have been doing until he was totally healed! Even the other players were bitches to him about it. Anyways...I'm so proud of you for handling it well & sticking up for him. I'm so glad he's feeling a lot better now. :o) Thank you for the e-mail you sent me this morning, I really do appreciate it A LOT! ;o) Take care buddy!
I love you!!
Love,
-Jon-