Beautiful Loser

|

Wow I can't believe I remembered the password to this blog lol. It did take me 3 tries to get it right though. Just haven't been into getting on here and writing anything down. My life is pretty boring, its just school and going home. Schools going good they ain't kicked me out yet cause of bad grades or whatever. When not going to school I'm working for Ryan's mom helping fix up houses. Its not actually working for her its for the construction company but her being in the real estate business she involved in the houses that are getting fixed up if that makes sense.

Yes if your wondering Mike does have a boyfriend. I have actually had 2 one being the guy I got now. The other guy lets just say didn't last long once I found out his bad habit of putting stuff up his nose. Luckily things didn't go far enough along with us for me to worry about anything if ya know what I mean, like in as far as me getting anything he may have had. Lets just say I didn't get fleas from the dog haha

But my guy now is certainly a keeper:) hes funny not to mention cute as a little kitten and this one definitely doesn't have fleas!! I met him at school and we being together now for about 4 months and all is great between us.

So about the title of my post Beautiful Loser, you may not know but along with country music I also love old rock music and love me some Bob Seger. Anyway I hadn't heard this song in ages but it has been in my head for about a week. So I stated listening to the song and reading the lyrics and got to wondering what the song was about, who is he describing in it. I'm not saying that I'm beautiful far from it but I read a comment on youtube that someone made about what they think the song means.

The song seems pretty simple to me. It's about a "good" man, who is considerate and kind and good ... but he is throwing away happiness with both hands, because he isn't able to be "happy" with what he has, because he thinks his goodness entitles him having it all, having everything and he doesn't understand why he doesn't have it all.
The singer pities the man, because he knows how crushing it will be for the man when he finally realizes that he's been wrong.

And it seems like it fits me somehow, I don't know maybe I'm crazy but I see myself in the lyrics. I'd like to think that I'm a "good" guy and I often wonder where being a good guy gets you in life. Look at other people who you wouldn't say are good and there is a lot of them that I would say have it all. Yeah I'm mainly referring to money and I know that's not having it all when you got tons of money but it sure don't hurt having it. A guy can be the biggest asshole in the world but if they have money other people look past the asshole part just cause of the money. Then you have the "good" guys they just get overlooked for the most part.



I don't know I reckon I'm just thinking to much. I plan writing on here more than i have been which has been hardly not at all but anyway maybe at least once a week or so, just to get things off my mind like the Beautiful Loser song that was bugging me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take it you don't look in the
mirror to often...Cause if you
did you would see that YES YOU ARE
SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Inside and
out you are one of the most
beautiful people in the world...

I've been checkin on here just
about every day to see if you have
posted...I'm glad you have and I'm
even gladder (is that a word?) that
you have a keeper of a guy :)
When can we see some pics?


HUGS!!!

Laurie

Martin O. said...

Hey...you're back! Good to hear from you, even if it's only once in awhile. School, work and a cute guy...doesn't sound like you have time to be bored.

It's the "good" guys like you, Mike, who make the world a better place, even if they don't always get the credit for it. People may be attracted to the assholes with money, but they're not really true friends, just leeches looking for something.

But you're right-it sure don't hurt to have a bit of money. :)

Mr. Urs said...

Many thanks for remembering you password. I was missing your post and the broadening of my musical horizon. It's also good to hear that things have brightened up. Try to stay good. This does not bring you extra money, but I prefer it that way.

jimm said...

Glad you're back. First off, stop comparing yourself to other ppl. We are each unique.

I think the song is about someone who wants the best of life without taking the necessary risks and sacrifices. Realizing those personal shortcomings, he is willing to settle for second-best, and makes excuses for it.

I don't think that is you, Mike.

It is just that you have come from so far down, and endured so much personal pain, that your 'reach' for success is much further than most peoples. You just happen to have higher standards and the willingness to work harder to reach your goals.

The path you have traveled, is the wisdom you have gained.