Tick Tock Tick Tock

|

That sound you hear is the clock ticking down to the new year and yes that means me going to Georgia on a fast train. Ok so I'm driving that's just a song by Billy Joe Shaver I like. I'm all set nothing left to do but finish some packing and unhook the computer throw it all in the bed of my truck and scram. I did get some news that eased my mind about my mom. I was worrying about her being here by herself but just as luck would have it a cousin we hadn't seen in a while popped back into town and needed a place to stay so I had the idea of her staying here. That way my mom wont be so lonely. I seen in the comments Tim and Elise were speaking of me and Ryan maybe ending back up together. I really don't see that happening honestly I don't. For one thing Ryan don't come to his parents as much as people may think he does. Also the house I am going to be staying in you cant even see it from the family's house so I'll be out of sight out of mind so to say. I think since we were together Ryan has changed quite a bit. I'm probably not even his taste anymore. From what I read hes into that going out staggering home scene. And that's cool if that what you and your partner are into but as yall know that's not for me.

8 comments:

jimm said...

Its the right choice for you, not to drink. I find it to be too much peer pressure to watch others party their brains out, and not join in.

Mike, here is wishing 2009 will find you reaching new heights and achieving lofty goals!!!

Peace

Laurie said...

My tummy is getting in knots....
I'm so nervous for you :)

I so wish you were coming here...
But I'm really glad you're going
where you are...

HUGS!!!!!!!!!

CreamedHoney said...

Best wishes for the new year in a new city. It's great to hear that your focusing on improving your education which is certainly key to survival in these tough economic times. May your transition be a smooth one.

Mr. Urs said...

Have a save trip south. It seems to me that you're on the right track into a new year. May it be a flabbergasting one for you.

Anonymous said...

I found out years ago that abstinence from alcohol was the only way for me. The times I strayed I lived to regret it big time. It is not that I hate the taste of it but that I like it too much. Alcohol caused me to go to jail and to do some really stupid things. It is a wise man who knows how to go through life not letting drugs (Alcohol is a drug) control his life. Good Luck Mikey. XOXOXO ed

Tim said...

Sorry didn't mean to say anything like that, I just thought us readers didn't need to worry about who you might care about. I'm pretty sure if you break up twice that you've already thought everything thru.
Well Happy new year and best of luck, i hope the move goes smoothly and your new place is a blast. Sounds like they've done a lot of work to fix it up and be rentable. I hope your new ghosts are a hoot! : )

Martin O. said...

Happy New Year, Mike!

Good luck on your move and your new start in Atlanta. Sounds like a great way to begin a new year...new home, college and all!
I know you'll do fine, because you are strong and responsible and able to cope with whatever comes your way.

Anonymous said...

I've thrown all my worries out the window, Mike!

I wish you a safe journey and a fabulous new life, and I know you will be starting off great because you'll be living in a safe place, near people who truly care about you!

Big New Year hugs!