What Are You Thankful For?

|

I guess this is the time of the year everybody gets to say what there thankful for. Wouldn't you know mine would be kind of screwed up. Every year at this time it gets me to thinking back how we never had Thanksgiving dinner when my "father" was alive. We always went up the road to my grandpas house who was my moms dad. So my "father" never went cause my mom had 8 brothers who couldn't stand the sight of him so he knew he wasn't wanted. My grandma would always have the biggest dinner cooked. Anything you could name she would almost have it. She cooked for what looked like a army with her having 15 kids and them bringing their kids and hangers on. 


I can only remember one time we tried to have thanksgiving dinner and it was a disaster. Ive told this story on another blog before that I deleted but I don't think any of you were around then. It was thanksgiving and I was 8 and was helping my mom in the kitchen. Which my "father" hated and led to name calling fag,queer, sissyboy the works. Anyway I'm helping and I'm peeling potatoes at the time so he comes up behind me and goes off yelling about how I'm not peeling right I'm taking off to much potato with the skin. He says who the fuck you think pays for them boy you sure the fuck don't. Then they all get swiped off the counter into the floor. I didn't get much of a whipping over that other than hit in the back of the head when he was standing behind. What really makes me remember the day is him saying you want to be a little queer faggot then be one outside and then he made me strip to my underwear and locked me out on the front porch. My mom tried to get me back in but he wouldn't let her near the door. I didn't stand out there but for about 30 minutes I think then a neighbor saw me and took me next door. They knew how he was so they didn't even ask me why am I outside in my undies,they just knew. So I reckon ya ll can guess what I'm thankful for this year without me really even saying it.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I would soooo kick your 'fathers'
ass....He would have my foot so
far up it my shoe would come out
his mouth...If my sons dad EVER
talked to him like that he'd be
shot dead in less than a heartbeat.

Makes me mad....I'm so glad you're
the wonderful person you are today.
Make the world so much better... :)

You make me smile :)

Have a GREAT Thanksgiving and EAT!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim said...

I'm thankful for my boyfriend this year! it's the first holiday in a long time I've had one.



Mike sometimes I think you really need to find a different place and grow new ghosts, yyou let the past have to great a hold on you.

Anonymous said...

We are who we are because of our pasts. We can choose to overcome the past or let it eat us up. I'm glad you've chosen to not let the past destroy you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and make up for the bad times. Huggles, ed

ÅŽG€£ ©. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mike. With the good and the bad atleast you have people to lean on who love ya.

Love n Peace,
Angel

jimm said...

I hurt for you Mike. That kind of cruel pain doesn't just go away.

I'm thankful for a handful of 'net' friends.

peace, bro!